SG

Posted on Dec 18, 2021

i'm going to try for the first time a supplement of butyrate known to be highly beneficial for the colon health, especially if you have a leaky gut. It is also good for allergies, anyway if you take care of your gut health you will see improvements in many areas of the body, as Hippocratus said: all disease begins in the gut.

I take this with two glasses of water, first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. Then I have my shower, dress and makeup. Then my morning coffee. I take a second dose mid afternoon half an hour before my pre-workout. I have SIBO/IBS and I'm really seeing the benefit when combined with banana powder - 1/2Tbsp in my morning smoothie and another 1/2Tbsp after my dinner in a glass of water (I just drink it down in a one-er). I follow the recommended dose. When I buy my next bottle I am going to try increasing it to one capsule three times a day.

Read more reviews
Posted on Jan 10, 2022

Recommended by my naturopathic doctor to heal my gut since I have developed Celiac. Just abstaining from gluten is not enough. You have to also help your body heal the damage that was caused while I was undiagnosed. This helps to repair that damage and improves my overall health increasing the absorbsion of nutrients. The flavor is distinctive but not off-putting for me. Reminds me of parmesan cheese. The benefits certainly outweigh any taste profile! When I read the label and saw it said there was lead in the product, I got scared. After learning that this product is made in California, and that California has more restrictive regulations on lead than the FDA requires to limit in medicine it approves, I was assured that it anything this product is under more pressure than most other supplement companies to ensure low lead. I also learned that lead is in virtually everything we consume. In all likelihood I ate some lead this morning in my breakfast. There's no lead-free living.

Posted on Jun 24, 2022

My naturopath recommended this to me because a stool test showed I had low levels of butyrate producing bacteria. Butyrate is really important for improving your mood, among other things.

Posted on Nov 23, 2021

The first thing I noticed when opening the bottle was the smell... It's... awful. But! The product is working! I can now eat more types of food without having a negative reaction! I love it, despite the smell, and will keep using it.

Posted on Oct 18, 2021

This product has been recommended by my orthomolecular health practitioner. Iam very happy with this product. It improves my psychical and mental health and the price iherb offers is the best there is to offer.

Posted on Dec 6, 2021

See image below of the warning on the jar that I just happened to stumble upon. “This product can expose you to lead, which is known to …. Cause birth defects and other reproductive harm.” Why on earth would iherb even stock this? Why doesn’t it come with a clear warning prior to making the purchase, why don’t any of the product images include the warning as stated on the jar ? (See below) $37+ AUD down the drain, what a waste.

8cfdeb53-e060-40d8-9ccb-bb150b1d362c
Posted on Mar 12, 2022

This works exactly the same as the Nutricology brand. I don't notice anything different between the two formulas when looking at the label and they both feel the same when I use them. This one also smells like sulphur cheese powder, just be aware. It did help my bowel movements after a week of consistent use, with minor discomfort at the beginning, but it faded as my body got used to taking it.

Posted on Mar 9, 2022

Calcium butyrate is known to help with a leaky gut problem. We've taken these capsules for a month as part of the recovery phase together with Zinc carnosine and glutamine. Seems to be working

Posted on Oct 20, 2021

I just started taking it, too early to say, but i will update. Butyric acid is very supportive of gut health and everyone having leaky gut problems should try it.