SG

Posted on Apr 13, 2022

I've had quite a bit of success with these for both diabetic neuropathy and joint inflammation. I take only one a day along with 1g of krill oil and I feel great. I think these are great for someone who struggles with blood sugar level problems. It has really helped me. Please upvote if this review was helpful!

04e67bd9-fa17-4b9d-862d-8cafb8764e96
99606f43-1527-4c62-a08e-4bcdfb34e7ad

I've been consistently taking R-lipoic acid daily every morning and especially before my fasted cardio for about 2 months. I use R-lipoic acid for enhanced mitochondria function, antioxidant support and for weight loss. In regards to antioxidant support, R-lipoic acid recycles and enhances other antioxidants in the body, including vitamins C and E, glutathione and coenzyme q10, which further strengthens the body's defences. In regards to mitochondria & weight loss, it works in the mitochondria and is an important cofactor in the conversion of glucose to energy. However, glucose first needs to be attached to insulin before it can be carried into cells. Because lipoic acid mimics the actions of insulin, it helps to improve glucose metabolism and insulin sensitivity, which means that more glucose is transported into cells and less glucose is stored as fat. R-lipoic acid also improves the conversion of carbohydrates to energy, which means that fewer carbs are stored as fat cells. So this is a perfect supplement for my weight loss lifestyle. I feel great, I have energy and I'm losing weight with my diet & exercise.

Posted on Apr 23, 2022

First thing in the morning with water. An hour or so later I will add other supplements NMN and Reseveratrol w MCT/coffee(tea). One of the regiments that have worked greatly for me. Doing IF for 5 months I have lost a quarter of my body weight 90 kg -> 65 kg but with high energy.

Posted on Apr 19, 2022

I am a huge fan of the California Gold Nutrition line. Now, this form of alpha lipoic acid is the most bioavailable form available. If you suffer with sciatica, you will have no doubt seen many of the formulations with R-Lipoic present. As an antioxidant it seems to provide relief from the dreaded nerve damage a lot of us are plagued with. I do recommend it.

Posted on Mar 13, 2022

So glad that Ca Gold Nutrition 's alpha lipoic acid is formulated with this Bio-Enhanced NaRALA. Not all lipoic acid, is the same, as with so many other things. It's critical we do our research in products we put into our bodies, esp none of the supplements are FDA regulated. I tried to learn as much as possible, sometimes compare supplements from the higher-tiered companies, without breaking the bank. I particularly like formulations that have the registered trademark--this one is rom GeroNova Research, Inc. & I go to their website as well, to learn more. Thank you Ca Gold for choosing this formulation. I can take with confidence.

Posted on Mar 12, 2022

Alpha lipoic acid is an antioxidant and free radical destroyer, it helps pancreatic functions and normal blood sugar levels, supports peripheral nerves and endocrine functions, improves the effectiveness of many ingredients. Alpha Lipoic Acid "R" is immensely more bioavailable than lipoic acid in the free form - R-lipoic acid (RLA), and is considered to have up to 40x more concentration in plasma than that in the unstabilized RLA for

Posted on Mar 12, 2022

I have been taking the product for type II diabetes for quite some time. I have been buying from another brand, also offered on iherb, but decided to try California Gold Nutrition as well. I am happy with the quality and will continue to buy from this brand going forward.

Posted on Feb 28, 2022

As far as I can tell, this is as good as the name-brand versions of r-lipoic acid. It's made from the same bioenhanced, trademarked Na-RALA from GeroNova labs. That's the stuff you want because it's much more better absorbed than plain alpha lipoic acids--so you don't have to take so much of it. And since I'm new to the California Gold label, it was nice to find a trial size with just 30 capsules.

Posted on Dec 14, 2021

An excellent supplement that supports antioxidant protection in the best natural way. Lipoic acid plays an important role in making me feel full of energy and vitality, so taking the stabilized R-Lipoic Acid daily is important to me. One of the best "California Gold Nutrition" supplements and at a very good price.

Posted on Nov 22, 2021

R Alpha Lipoic acid is regarded by many as the supreme antioxidant. R-Lipoic acid is unique in that it functions as both a fat and water-soluble antioxidant that can easily cross cell membranes. Thus, it can confer free radical protection to both interior and exterior cellular structures. The mitochondria are structures inside each individual cell that produce the energy that the cell needs to function. The mitochondria are analagous to an engine, boiler room or furnace. As the cells age, the activity of the mitochondria decreases, resulting in lower energy production, slower metabolism and and increased oxidative stress and damage. Clinical studies with rats have demonstrated that supplementation with R Alpha Lipoic acid improved mitocondrial function, increases metabolic rate and decreases oxidative damage.