SG

Posted on Jan 4, 2022
Good

I was unhappy with the amount of tea dust and stems in the package. Maybe the tea dust is the result of handling, transport, and storage of dried leaves in a soft sided pouch and the tea as packaged did not have that problem. I sifted the tea and now have something that looks more like the gunpowder tea I expected, albeit with more stems than I'd like. The taste of the tea is good. It is mild and has a kind of earthy, smoky flavor. I do not know about benefits but I feel good after drinking my morning cup. I worry a bit about country of origin. The fact that the tea is organically grown is important to me. But honestly farming practices are only one part of terroir. Growing in a healthy and non-toxic environment is just as important if not more so. But on this question I give Frontier the benefit of the doubt. I think this tea is above average so I give it a 4 star rating.

Posted on May 7, 2022

Drinking two servings of tea per day (about 180 ml per serving), one package lasted me six months. It doesn't seem like it has a lot of caffeine. The taste is good for the price.

Posted on Apr 25, 2022

I wasn't sure what to expect, given that the only green tea I've had is the off-the-shelf tea bag version. Very nice flavor. Recommended. 👍

Posted on Jun 18, 2022

I really like this green tea. I've been using the Frontier brand for ages. I like that it's organic. I combine it with the Frontier brand hibiscus flowers to make a fantastic iced tea. It's delicious!

Posted on Jun 10, 2022

For years I used an organic green tea that came in individual tea bags. All this time I thought it was normal that I had to really clean the inside of the mug because of the stubborn tea stain reside inside of it. But that’s NOT normal! Most tea bags are made with plastic and I just assumed plastic wasn’t used for any tea labeled organic. NOT true! Look up online which tea uses plastic in their teabags (it’s most of them, yikes). I experimented and realized it’s the plastic in the tea bags that creates that film of hard to clean tea stain in your mug. For years I’ve been drinking plastic, ugh! But I made the switch to this fine loose organic green tea which tastes great. And my mugs are so much cleaner! Think about how this affects your teeth too! I don’t even bother using a strainer or tea ball. Just put a tsp in the mug and pour hot water into it. It’s fun to see the leaves open as they brew in my mug and then they settle at the bottom. Nothing floats at all and you can sip away as you usually do. A real nice perk is that you can add more hot water and drink another cup using the same leaves! A quality product that lasts longer and you can feel good about is the way to go! No more plastic, yay!

Posted on Apr 14, 2022

Best Green Tea I have ever had!! Loose leaf tea is miles above teabags. The taste is out of the world! Great Quality tea by itself or as an ingredient to a blend. Generous package size. A product I will keep in stock.

Posted on Nov 12, 2021

A nice caffeinated boost in the morning. This green tea has a light Smokey flavor with plenty of pick-me up for even late afternoon enjoyment.

Posted on Sep 9, 2021

Great price. Full fresh flavor. Makes up nicely for hot tea or summer iced tea. Flavor combines well with honey or lemon or cinnamon or your own favorite combination, Highly recommend. Will buy again

Posted on Apr 12, 2021

This tea has great flavor, the smoky gunpowder flavor and fragrance is wonderful, and I love that it is both organic and fair trade. (There is one similar that is not fair trade, but this one is - it’s worth paying a little bit more if the growers and pickers are going to have a better chance at a share of the profits.

Posted on Jan 27, 2021

Absolutely love this tea! The effect is great, almost as strong caffeine effect as coffea I would say. As an added bounus green tea is very healthy aswell in many ways. I also like very much that the tea is organic and fair trade since theese issues are very important to me.