SG

Posted on Jul 3, 2022
Very fine texture, easy to drink

We've added psyllium husk powder to our diet for a couple of years now, as it's a great fiber supplement (without all the added sugar), and is beneficial for gut health and constipation. Our regular brand was backordered, so I decided to try this one based on other positive reviews and the fact that it's organic. There is no taste, and the texture is powdery fine and dissolves quickly in water. The packaging is a bit large for the quantity, but I can't argue with the results. Very regular and easy bowel movements, with the added benefit of filling us up so we eat less. Very happy with the quality and organic ingredient.

3497b596-7eb0-4f41-a75f-cd5c64c45a8b
Posted on Oct 19, 2021

This fits the bill for me as a shopper looking for highest quality at an affordable price. I have used this psyllium husk powder in gluten free flour blends, in oatmeal to add more healthy fiber, in gravy as a thickener (be careful and add slowly to not over do), and added to my green juice drink powder as a gentle digestive tract toxin binder.

Posted on Dec 2, 2021

Can be used in making gluten free bread to trap some of the yeast gas to make the yeast more efficient. Gives you a crustier bread.

b120069d-f92b-4521-bcef-8de548a5e9dc
Posted on Apr 22, 2022

Works so much better than the "regular" psyllium husk ! This one really expands well and yet remains very pleasant in a glass of water with just a sip of fruit juice. Excellent for smooth transit. I've used a little bit in lieu of flour in a morels sauce, huuummmm ! Next time I'll try to use it for baking gluten free...

Posted on Apr 13, 2022

There are so many so called psyllium husks out there claiming to be pure and organic which are more akin to bags of sand. Frontier Co-op is blond psyllium, Plantago ovata, the one that works. The powder makes it very dense for packing capsules and blending well with flours.

Posted on Oct 18, 2021

This is the first time I ordered this brand. It is comparable to what I have been using, but in larger quantity. The texture is even, and it mixes well. I wish it came in a different type of package, but I put it in another container so it is easier to use. I use it in baking which helps the ingredients hold together better.

Posted on Sep 3, 2021

Good quality. Not as coarse as other psyllium husk I have tried, but behave exactly the same. I mix 1-2 tsp in muesli (add some boiling water), or stir into cooked oat porridge (at the end) for added fiber. Also great to add to vege-burgers to 'bind' ingredients together.

Posted on Feb 13, 2022

This is a gentle laxative which we actually use for our cats to keep them regular, especially if they have hairballs. Great for humans and furry friends too :)

Posted on Jan 3, 2022

Psyllium's better than sliced bread - talk about regular. Shipping was fast. Will shop again. Next time will buy the husks not the powerful powder.

Posted on Jul 24, 2022

I like the way Frontier organic psyllium husk powder smells. The organic brand we used to get always smelled rancid. We mix the Frontier psyllium in our grain-free breakfast mix to help make the mix thick.