SG

Posted on Jun 24, 2022
Excellent!!

It had been in my shopping list forever but I never dared to purchase it. Until recently I decided to give it a try. Yes!! Why not while it was on 20% off offer. So I tried it right after just receiving it. I brewed it for a while. Added a small spoon of coconut raw sugar and a drop of my homemade coffee extract in it. It quite tastes like my today afternoon coffee which didn't expect. It's very nice. There isn't funny smell at all. I feel pleasure to taste it. I am very happy to have bought this herb "coffee". I would love to have it to replace one of my daily caffeine drinks. It is more healthy while I enjoy it at the same time. Highly recommend.

aa06250a-8a2f-4620-a197-1cd3cd9b10e8
Posted on Jan 16, 2022

Packaging is basic, nothing fancy. You will want to transfer this to a air tight container. When opened the product smells fresh with granules of a uniform size. Not much dust to wash out and sink to the bottom of your cup. So if you are looking for a finer grind you may have some work. Steeped nicely and quick. Even 5 minutes was too long. A dash of sugar only, it has a natural sweetness.

9ebc5812-e163-42c1-b77b-789cebd86fbc
Posted on Sep 19, 2021

Due to Hashimoto’s and several other problems I have to give up coffee.. sigh.. we’ll thanks to this product I am now having much less coffee.. I mix it with 1:1 with my coffee and prepare it in a French press. It is bitter just like coffee. As time passes I will switch to 100% no coffee

Posted on Aug 11, 2022

We love the taste of this chicory, ingredients are of high quality. Second time purchasing this product, and I’m sure we’ll buy more. We drink it in place of coffee, my husband also use it for pre diabetes and drinks the rehydrated root from the cup for the benefit of the inulin.

Posted on Jun 17, 2022

I use chicory root in place of coffee and love it. I steep about a tablespoon and make a pitcher full. Sometimes as a hot drink I will add cream and a bit of vanilla and sweetener. I also drink it iced in place of soda and iced tea. Quality is fine.

Posted on May 20, 2022

I tried to find roasted chicory granules online and it wasn't easy, especially at a decent price. I originally ordered them from Amazon but although they said they could deliver the item, they didn't have it in stock. I was thrilled to find this quality and amount at iHerb.

Posted on May 12, 2022

This is what I use instead of coffee! I have a turkish-style coffee maker (electric one that brews coffee), and I use it to brew this chicory root. Together with carob (50/50) it makes a great drink. Of course, it does not taste like coffee, but if you need to get off coffee you’d appreciate how close/resemblant this drink is

Posted on Apr 12, 2022

Since i can't have regular sugar, this is my#1 helper. I take it to regulate my blood sugar level while it also satisfies my sweetness crave the same time. Great coffee alternative with no caffeine yet still stimulates your mood. Extra tips: This also help with a depression and bad stomach too.

Posted on Mar 17, 2022

This stuff is roasted to perfection, so caramelly that it needs very little sweetener. Because of kidney issues I can't drink coffee or even decaf. This chicory is so tasty I don't miss the real stuff. I steep 10g in a few oz of near boiling water for 5 min, then strain. I use this as my "espresso" shot, with a tsp of honey, a few oz of almond milk, add ice... delicious!