SG

Posted on Dec 1, 2021

This is a very good quality dried herb. Buying in large packages saves a lot of money compared to the tiny bottles in the supermarket. I have a very good solution to make sure the flavor stays: I take out enough to use for several weeks. And then seal with my vacuum sealer. As the herb is not exposed to air, it will last for a very long time. Plus, I have a couple of friends that I will share the bulk herbs with.

Posted on Jun 10, 2022

I often buy Starwest herbs. I have found them to be excellent quality. The thyme is very aromatic. I keep it in a mason jar and it lasts for a very long time. It is especially great in soups (especially in combination with other herbs in pea soup!). I have also used it in Thanksgiving stuffing and it is an essential ingredient in a vegan version of scrapple that I like to make. Thyme and lemon are also a good combination in cookies. Thyme also has many medicinal properties (such as thyme tea or a thyme gargle for a sore throat), so it is a good thing to have around.

Posted on Nov 1, 2021

This thyme is great for brewing tea with organic chamomile/gunpowder green tea - it gives wonderful summerish intense aroma. Its rich and deep taste with black tea and milk - with spoon of honey. This thyme is extremely useful to spice the main course, specially when there is nothing else to add to pasta: with butter|EVO, garlic/pepper, canned tuna - anything that seems bland and boring. Leftover soups welcome much! Quality is seemingly excellent: evenly broken leaves, intense flavour, but not bitter, and this package is so long-lasting, easy-to-keep - ziplock. I love traditional Turkish drink "Kekik Suyu" ("thyme water") for its pleasant and subtle mediterranian flavour, implicit healing and healthy effects: being antioxidant, improving immunity, maintaining healthy oral and digestive environment, preventing constipation, rejuvenating, anti-aging, boost metabolism, weight control. Recipe: 2 glasses of water and 2 teaspoons of dry thyme. First, boil the water on the stove. When the water starts to boil, add the oregano and let it brew for 15 minutes. Then strain the thyme juice and drink it warm - PROVIDED YOU HAVE NO ALLERGY.

Posted on Apr 17, 2022

This is a MASSIVE bag! Great scent, but there are a few more stems than I would prefer. Either way, it's been my go to for ages. Love this dried thyme!

Posted on Jan 11, 2022

It can slow blood clotting and has so many other health benefits! I mix it to my taste with regular tea (usually I drink roibos). The aroma is delicious! And it goes well with fish!

Posted on Nov 23, 2021

Oh wonderful! This is one herb that is culinary, and make a wonderful addition to baked chicken. But it is also a potent herbal medicine too. Keep this herb around for many uses---makes a great tea.

Posted on Nov 8, 2021

I use these in cooking as well as make anti-inflammatory tea. It tastes great and really works in colder months. Great value and excellent freshness quality! Will definitely order again when I run out.

Posted on Jul 30, 2022

The price is right and the amount is a lot. I use it in my cooking as a spice. It is good for our health.

Posted on Sep 25, 2021

Cheap and good, too big a packet instead. Would be good if it comes in smaller sizes too. Wish they have parsley too. Quality is nice too. Benefit for the dogs and i use it as additional flavor to their diet. Nicely packed in air tight packet.