SG

Posted on Apr 20, 2022

I’ve been feeling tired lately and strangely getting dry, cracked lips when I’ve never had issues before. Got these B vitamins to see if they’d help and so far so good! Take them at night before bed and wake up feeling fresh! Still waiting to see if the dry lips will improve. This product seems to be a decent combination of B vitamins in the ingredients - says ‘basic’ but there’s quite a substantial list, so in terms of quality I’d say it’s pretty good. I like how they’re in powder form in a capsule instead of solid tablets - which seem to unsettle my stomach sometimes and I can taste the vitamin hours after. Give these a try! If this review was helpful, please give a thumbs up!

5f6cee94-652b-4846-ab07-4a554f6c590f

Generally, I have had an excellent experience with all the Thorne supplements I've take the last decade or so. This basic B is no exception and it's anything but basic. Look at the amount of active folate in every capsule. I like how it includes all the B vitamins in their active most digestible forms. It even has choline in it which is important for brain function and cell membrane integrity. Choline works synergistically with the vitamins in this supplement. If you are looking to get your b vitamins topped up due to a poor diet or not enough veges and greens, this is for you. If you want the B vitamins, antioxidants and minerals, then go for something like Thorne Advanced Nutrients. At first glance it may look expensive, but once you check out the nutrients, this view may change. Advanced Nutrients is what I'm currently taking after many years in Basic B. It's the next step up. Please like my review if you found it helpful.

Posted on Apr 28, 2022

I have known that I have the MTHFR gene mutation for about 10 years now. Even after diagnosis, I was using a few other B-complexes which I though were o.k. for my condition, but I did not realize that the B6 was not methylated. Turns out B6 has to be in the form of Pyridoxal 5-Phosphate, NOT Pyroxidine, to be more bioavailable to those who have MTHFR and do not methylate properly. I never knew that until about 3 years ago; the doctor I tested with didn't explain that part. After this discovery, I researched various B-complex formulas, and picked this one. I also wanted a B-complex that had methylated folic acid and that did not have a super high dose of methylcobalamin (B12), since my blood was testing high for B12 already. This formula fit the bill very well.

Posted on Mar 6, 2022

These Vit B capsules are working so well for me. I started taking them to help fight fatigue during my busy life. They are definitely helping. I bounce out of bed in the morning and all through the day I’m achieving so much more. Highly recommend these as they were recommended to me by a health professional 😀

Posted on Jan 16, 2022

Great product, easily absorbed and feel energetic for the day. I have tried a few brands of Vitamin B, so far Thorne Research is the one with greatest effectiveness. As Vitamin B is water soluble, so best take it first thing in the morning with lots of water before taking breakfast. Thorne Research's product quality is great, I have taken their vitamins for years, strongly recommend :)

Posted on Dec 13, 2021

Have tried a few brands of B complex, and this is the one that stands out. This is my second purchase. I do feel more refresh and energetic throughout the day after taking this. As vitamin B is water soluble, it is best to take it empty stomach with lots of water to help the body absorb it.

Posted on Dec 7, 2021

This is one of the best B complex pills available out there. It is slightly larger than other brands, but it works well without turning the urine color bright yellow like some other products. Just make sure to take it with vitamin C, because Bs are not activated without the presence of C. You could also take it with omega3 and lutein for eyecare. B complex is not necessarily an energy booster even though many people think it is. If you need an energy booster, try taurine. I don't think there are any other places you can buy this product online. iHerb is a great place to buy it, because they have ridiculously fast and efficient logistics system. I ordered these for my parents in Korea, and they received it within three days.

Posted on Nov 16, 2021

I have been using Thorne Basic B Complex for several years now for depression. About a year ago I ran out of tablets and hadn’t replaced them for about two weeks, when I realised I continually wanted to cry over nothing. Light bulb moment...needed my Complex B. Within 2 days I felt completely different. Now I always have a spare bottle in the cupboard.

Posted on Aug 31, 2021

Because I have the gene mutation MTHFR I need the B vitamins in this complex. They are activated which means I can absorb them. Recently I took another brand without realising it was an activated B. When this was pointed out to meI changed back to the Thorne complex. I now feel better. Being off this complex could have been the cause of some problems I have had that were linked to MTHFR

Posted on Aug 16, 2021

this really helps me overcome my day to day stress...as a person who is on the stage of experiencing menopausal I find this very essential since stress is one of the factors that change womens mood...I am now on my 4th bottle and I will continue this with the rest of the other stuff...